California Divorce Laws | Child Support


After child or spousal support is issued by the court, the paying parent must pay that child support on time and on the designated time periods; even if a parent is incarcerated.

If a parent who owes child or spousal support is incarcerated the payments are expected to come from any savings they may have. If the incarcerated parent is without funds and cannot continue to pay, the payments will continue to add up.

An incarcerated spouse or parent has the option to file a petition to modify the support on the grounds of being incarcerated. If the incarcerated spouse or parent does not modify the child or spousal support, the amount will be added up and be due after the incarcerated parent is released from jail.

Home | Help Center | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | Disclaimer

© 2021, All Rights Reserved.

Back to Top